Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Administrator
David - Machinist in wood
6,621 Posts
I restored my 1990 PM66 a few years ago but don't recall enough to steer you in the right direction. Here's my restoration thread if you want to glance through and see if anything will help you - Restoration - Powermatic 66 Table saw

· Administrator
6,621 Posts
Great work with the restoration... Do you still use the saw? ...I wonder if you recall any frustrations with aligning the gears for the raising mechanism or if everything just fell right in place?
Thanks! It was definitely a lot of work but well worth it. Oh yeah, sometimes daily. Check out some of my videos on YouTube and you'll see it in use.

No, it all seemed to go together as designed with virtually no issues except for all the water damage.

· Administrator
6,621 Posts
Perhaps he will comment how his arbor fits the notch on his saw.
I don't honestly remember, Steve. Tomorrow I can get to the external drive where those photos are stored and see if I have a better photo. I might be able to take the throat plate off and see inside; if so I'll post some photos but no guarantees I'll be able to see that from the top side.

· Administrator
6,621 Posts
I do wonder if you'd be willing to check if your arbor has any play when you lift straight up on it.
Just checked and there is no play whatsoever anywhere in the trunnion mechanism. I did find an old photo and in using a mirror on the saw just now it appears that when the blade is lowered into the lowest position the pulley does not directly line up with the relief cutout but it also does not hit the trunnion. These photos may or may not help...

Edit - maybe you're one tooth off on engaging the worm gear, if that's possible.
Automotive tire Gas Bumper Automotive exterior Machine

Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper

Hood Wood Automotive exterior Automotive design Bumper

1 - 4 of 4 Posts