Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Pain in the A$$
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always liked Zebrawood so I decided to use it when making a frame for my daughters senior picture to give it to my mom for Christmas. I don't know if all zebrawood is the same but this was a PITA to work with. The wood had a lot of tension in it. At one point I shut off my saw mid cut as I just had a bad feeling. I was only 12" in and the wood was already touching at the end of the blade gap after I removed it. Thankfully I have a great splitter setup or I'm 100% confident I'd have had at least one kickback. The wood also had a bad twist to it that I had trouble getting it all out, so I didn't. :).

The 5x7 frame turned out so-so. Thankfully it will be on a wall where no one will actually be looking at it closer than likely 30". It's one of those "far away frames"...LOL

Oh, finish is 3 coats Minwax Water-based *** lightly sanded w/ 220 between coats.

Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Looks fine/good to me. If it's the mitre joints you are concerned with, I have in the past filed a grove/edge where the mitred pieces mate up, thus making them MORE visible, LIKE YOU PLANNED SUCH.

Dale in Indy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts