Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone worked with 1/2inch thick zebra wood? I am new to using zebra wood.I am making a jewelry box and need advice on matching putty and attaching the face panel. glue and clamps ? (rest of panels assembled with 3/4 in. 18 gauge brads) would like to have to not putty in the face panel. I am going to finish with tung oil .

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
i try and do all glue construction on small projects. garilla glue works great for me. on the other note. filling brad holes just takes color putty. mix, match, and blend to match wood.

·
Registered
290 Posts
For filling brade holes you might also try mixing up some clear epoxy with some saw dust from the project. Good luck, don't forget pics.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jack- I am going to use some titebond II and clamps. goin to check out shades of shellac sticks and see if I get a match. going to use scrap piece for test. bill- im going to try clear epoxy on a test piece. I was told to wet the surface first to open the pores since this wood is dense. Ive hooked a few nails since the beginning. its pretty hard wood.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts