Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,Im new to this forum,but I like What I see,I do a little monthly newsletter that we email to other woodworkers all over ,and in it we started doing a thing called "YOU might be a wood worker if:.a take off on jeff foxworthys ******* thing (i are one),and i would like to hear yours,our little letter is tips and stuff and its free and no adds,its about us ,woodworkers!,and its been fun to look at ourselves and some of the stuff we do,if you would like to get the letter go to my website at www.antiquesbuiltdaily.com and subscribe, no emails are ever sold shared and we do it on a secure emailer, but for now lets see who you really are so YOU MIGHT BE A WOODWORKER IF::laughing:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hi Charles.
I have seen you many times on u-tube I have learned many things from your short films welcome to our forum glad to have you here.

Bruce.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Welcome to the site Charles

·
Registered
4 Posts
... but for now lets see who you really are so YOU MIGHT BE A WOODWORKER IF::laughing:
You have tapes from 'the bargain table' to a brand new FATMAX... while still carrying that 6' minature in your pocket... just in case.

It ain't dandruff!

You won't let anybody use your chisels.

Your wife wants to borrow a chisel so you go out and buy a set for her.

You wander into the tool department, spot all the hammers on the wall, realize you don't know what half of them are for but order one each anyway.

People think you have a chisel fetish because you're not allowed on the airplane.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Charles, a public welcome to the board. I sent you a PM.

Nancy (60 days)

·
johnep
2,140 Posts
Enjoyed your Vids with Bob on utube. Neat idea with the blue tape to stop glue getting everywhere. I would use drafting tape.
johnep

·
Registered
445 Posts
If you carry a tape rule everywhere, just to see
if that piece of timber "will" fit in the car.;)

·
Registered
445 Posts
Something like this you mean.
:laughing:

·
Extraordinaire
84 Posts
You might be a woodworker if.....

Instead of your wife pointing out gray hair, she points out sawdust in your eyebrows.....

You ask what finish they used on the bar at a strip joint ;)

·
Registered
445 Posts
:laughing: :laughing: :yes:

·
Registered
44 Posts
You might be a wood worker if:

Your folding utility knife color co-ordinates with your suspenders.
Your wife finally gives up yelling at you about "traking in" sawdust.
You open the door to your shop and find the neighbor has already made coffee.
You spend more time looking at a chop saw than your wife looking at a purse.
When there is more sawdust in your ears than earwax.
When you tease your boss about his "girly saw" and he buys a Powermatic to shut you up. But you get to use it more than him.
When you close a cut on your hand with Titebond III.
When you stir coffee with an oak rip just to add flavor.
Sorry guys got on a roll there

Scott A. Mordecki / Nailgunner7
http://fallentimber.mysite.com

·
Registered
714 Posts
You might be a woodworker if...
Playboy and Lee Valley magazines arrive the same day and you take Lee Valley to the "reading room".

1 - 20 of 51 Posts