Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So was cleaning up my shop and came across this jig and have no idea of what it’s for. :huh: It must be important because I made a nice hanger to store it on behind my router table.

Anybody have any ideas of what it could be? It’s the same length as my router table fence so I’m guessing that it attaches to it somehow. :confused1:

·
Registered
5,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It could have something to do with making sliding dovetails, because it’s from the same wood I was using around the time I was making drawers for my router table and I haven’t had any of that stuff in a long time. Plus it has a couple of recessed places to maybe place clamps.

·
SS user
2,688 Posts
I can't answer your second question but my answer for the first one is "God, yes. Quite a few".

·
Registered
5,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can't answer your second question but my answer for the first one is "God, yes. Quite a few".
LOL, well at least this one is pretty simple to rebuild if I had to make another someday. :laughing:
Most of the time I mark them, but a few still get past without identification. Last year I found one that was obviously for the table saw. but it was so unique that I decided to toss it because I didn’t think I would ever figure it out.

·
Alan Sweet
163 Posts
I made something that was a high riser for my router fence...

It Allowed me to have full support for routing the edge grain for 8 inch wide boards. If I tried with normal fence I would get a wobble.

Does that fire any of your thinking cells.?

·
Wood Snob
5,963 Posts
That's so funny. I have a few laying around maybe. But I'm not sayin if I do.

Al

Friends don't let friends use stamped metal tools sold at clothing stores.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
I have to label my jigs.

Rest assured, if you throw it out you'll remember what it's for the day after your trash is collected.

·
Registered
5,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It Allowed me to have full support for routing the edge grain for 8 inch wide boards. If I tried with normal fence I would get a wobble.

Does that fire any of your thinking cells.?
Since you mentioned it, I thought maybe I used it to support my door sides on the fence to cut the dove tails, but it doesn’t fit or make any sense. LOL

Then I saw this photo of my router table crosscut jig and noticed it was from the same wood as it, but still doesn’t work.

I know it goes to the router table because it was hanging on the back along with the cross cut jig. Here is where I found it. :confused1:

·
bzguy
581 Posts
You have your router placed in the center of the table, and a jig of the same length with a hole and mortising way off to one side.
This doesn't jog your memory?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts