Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
where's my table saw?
27,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Notice the way he scribes around each individual bow tie and labels them no. 1 and no. 2 since they may be slightly different. I always wondered how bow ties were such a precise fit ....

A neat trick I've never seen before is to sprikle saw dust on the overflow glue area and the squeegee it in around the bow ties, for easier clean up and for filling any "gaps" ..... what gaps?

I have a slew of different chisels from heavy duty Robert Sorby's for mortising to light carving gouges, BUT in the You Tube shown above, the guy was cleaning up a pair of bow ties in a beautiful table top and used these:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00L6MIRYW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They are beautiful and very well made. I am impressed with the Narex brand from the Czech Republic. WoW! :smile2:

·
Smart and Cool
1,941 Posts
Wood Inlay—No Talking—How to Woodworking - YouTube

Notice the way he scribes around each individual bow tie and labels them no. 1 and no. 2 since they may be slightly different. I always wondered how bow ties were such a precise fit ....

A neat trick I've never seen before is to sprikle saw dust on the overflow glue area and the squeegee it in around the bow ties, for easier clean up and for filling any "gaps" ..... what gaps?

I have a slew of different chisels from heavy duty Robert Sorby's for mortising to light carving gouges, BUT in the You Tube shown above, the guy was cleaning up a pair of bow ties in a beautiful table top and used these:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00L6MIRYW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They are beautiful and very well made. I am impressed with the Narex brand from the Czech Republic. WoW! :smile2:
I watched that one when I did mine. Followed the same hints, numbering them, etc.

I like his marking knife, the one I got wanted to follow the grain at times.

I also made a tool to pack the sawdust in any gaps.

I have some more spots to fill with epoxy, and final sand, here is where my project is currently.

Attachments

·
where's my table saw?
27,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
1 - 3 of 3 Posts