Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife bought a new camera for her Christmas present and then asked what I wanted for myself. My router table & router are 25 yrs old and too small, so I've been looking at the Bench Dog® Cast Iron Router Table, Pro Router Lift, Pro Fence, & Steel Cabinet at Rockler.

http://www.rockler.com/bench-dog-cast-iron-router-table-pro-router-lift-pro-fence-steel-cabinet

At $1250 that's a lot of money to spend however I have so many projects to build I don't want to spend time building a table & cabinet. Yesterday I received a catalog from Rockler with 20% off 1 item. I ordered the package and saved almost enough with the 20% discount to buy a PC 7518. Sadly the package is Oversold and will not be instock till Jan 5th, so no pics till then. I will be like a kid looking in the window of a candy store waiting for it to arrive!! :icon_smile:

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
My wife bought a new camera for her Christmas present and then asked what I wanted for myself. My router table & router are 25 yrs old and too small, so I've been looking at the Bench Dog® Cast Iron Router Table, Pro Router Lift, Pro Fence, & Steel Cabinet at Rockler.

http://www.rockler.com/bench-dog-cast-iron-router-table-pro-router-lift-pro-fence-steel-cabinet

At $1250 that's a lot of money to spend however I have so many projects to build I don't want to spend time building a table & cabinet. Yesterday I received a catalog from Rockler with 20% off 1 item. I ordered the package and saved almost enough with the 20% discount to buy a PC 7518. Sadly the package is Oversold and will not be instock till Jan 5th, so no pics till then. I will be like a kid looking in the window of a candy store waiting for it to arrive!! :icon_smile:
That is cheap compared to a good camera theses days. Congrats. You should be all set up shortly.

·
Banned
17 Posts
I got a few thousand extra $$ on the bonus check this year I wasn't expecting so I also treated myself...the last 4 weeks I grabbed a Ridgid r4512 TS, Bosch router, Bosch JS365 jig saw, new Kreg pocket hole jig kit, 16 and 18 gauge Hitachi nailers and about $250 in new Bosch router bits...wife's pregnant, she's too miserable to put up a fight, and I'm too tired of half-assing everything with old hand-me down tools...

For some reason the box stores are clearing out Bosch tools where I'm at..I picked up a 13 amp recipro saw for $59, Jig Saw for $69, and the Colt router for $59...also got the Ridgid TS for ~$400 which was 20% off at HD using a Harbor Freight coupon...now if I don't start putting some tangible builds on the walls, I'll have some hell to pay...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update

After waiting for almost 2 months, I received the back-ordered Bench Dog CI router table. This completed the package from Rockler with the other items shipped to me at the 1st of the year. Last evening I installed the table to the cabinet, mounted the PC 7518 in the lift and dropped router/lift into table. This weekend I hope to build a drawer for the cabinet as my first use of the new setup.:icon_smile:

Attachments

·
No Longer Here, BY CHOICE
2,442 Posts
Thats purtyful!!!:thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts