Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hello I am new to this site and still a little green to turning here are so bowls i gave as gifts.Would love some feedback. pics below.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Hi Ian ... welcome :smile:

Your pix didn't come through, so we can't see your work. The way I get them onto the site is by clicking the "Manage Attachments" button that's visible below the "Reply to Thread" window -- then click "browse" to locate each photo to be uploaded, and click the "Upload" button (which is sometimes out of view on the right hand side of the dialog box.)

HTH

Attachments

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Well, there's absolutely nothing about those turnings that suggests you're new to the game. They are all very good looking pieces, and anyone who received one of those as a gift has something to treasure.

:thumbsup:

(edit ... oh, great job on the photography too ... done this before, have you?)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol my wife works the camera but I will tell her you like the pics I have been turning for about a year I like trying new things and love the big bowls looking for an outrigger for the nova so I can do some big stuff but thanks for the kind words.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Fantastic looking stuff for only a year of turning. I've been turning for about 10 months now and haven't gotten brave enough to try turning burl yet.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ya I live in oregon and found a good source for maple burl so I have done a few and we got some myrtle wood burl last summer its very cool wood has a lot of depth.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Wow! Those bowls look fantastic. Gorgeous woods, cool and unique shapes and awesome finish. Like the flower vase. Very lucky recipients to have one. Excellent turning!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts