Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been asked by a mechanic friend to make a wooden wrench-shaped growth chart for his kid's room and am trying to figure out the best method in which to build it. It needs to be ~6', so I'm trying to figure out other dimensions. Was going to do a design like this using an open end style for each end. Thoughts?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Only picture so far. Got it all drawn out. Now time to get to making some sawdust.
Luckily, I had all these scrap pieces laying around. SCORE!

·
Pain in the A$$
1,904 Posts
Subscribing to this. Sounds like somethings I'd make...

Mark

·
Registered
994 Posts
Here's an idea for wall mounting it: Make a giant bolt head, or fake nut on threaded end, then fasten that at 6' on the wall. Drape the box end of the wrench over the nut to hang it. This way you can always take the wrench down when you have an 8" bolt to loosen or tighten! ;)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cutting out the closed end was a challenge, but even with this thing putting a wrench in my day..............it's nearly finished.

·
I wood if I could.
3,976 Posts
Cutting out the closed end was a challenge, but even with this thing putting a wrench in my day..............it's nearly finished.

That is awesome! I'd love to have that just as a cool wall decoration. Very cool. :thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts