Woodworking Talk banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts
Discussion starter · #22 ·
It looks nice. Makes it so much easier to enjoy the pool. I have an about ground pool and I built a deck. Leave enough room above the edge for the liner change out. I got my just about too close in removing the pool post caps and metal from above the pool wall. I also, got the wooden post a mite too close to the pool wall. I was still able to change out the liner, but it was tight.
One thing you to have to take care with is digging 30" post holes that close to an above ground. There is a pressure cone that radiates out into the ground at a 45 degree angle. I dug and concreted each one close to the pool one at a time. I wanted to get the holes filled back up and solid as soon as possible. There is a lot of the light brown clay here so I think that helped me.

After much internet searching, lots of water cooler conversations with co-workers, and some family discussions, I decided to go above the cap. So this left an overhang that was close to 14" where the sections come together. That took conventional deck boards, and poly decking out of the picture. I had to use 2X6 lumber to eliminate as much flex as possible. I ROUTED the end of each board to allow a softer edge for those leg danglers.
Have you had to change the liner yet? Just wondering if you had to remove the boards to do that.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.