Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The blast gates in my DC system were stuck open and I couldn't get them clean so I took one apart and found out why, (dust build up in the corners that I couldn't get to).

I cleaned the one that I took apart and just ground the stop tab off of the other two enough to forcefully pull the gate out.

The only glue that I have is Gorilla Glue, so I used it, COMPLETELY FORGETTING THAT IT EXPANDS. :cursing::cursing::cursing:

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:
 

·
where's my table saw?
Joined
·
27,856 Posts
whacu talkin 'bout?

How about a picture of the culprit?
 

·
John
Joined
·
3,028 Posts
:eek:May have to try to get it apart again. I don't know of any solvent that will soften polyurethane without softening and distorting the plastic of the gate. May just need to bite the bullet and get another gate.
If it's any consolation, you're not the only one to learn the hard way. Don't use the stuff on inlays either:blink:. DAMHIKT
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, the good thing is that it was an extra and I have two aluminum gates on the way...

Still sucks though

Sent from my iPhone
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,339 Posts
Smart people sometimes do stupid things.

Don't ask me how I know.

Welcome to the human race pal.

:)
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top