Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to figure this out and I'm sure the logistics might be a little daunting(for the moderator)but it seems like it would be fun.There are over a thousand members so participation shouldn't be a problem(or it could be)
What if once a month a member was chosen to submit one of his/hers projects to be raffled off.Paypal somehow would be utilized as a central bank or each individual would have to have an account. Of coarse trust would come into play if used centrally with a moderator being the banker.I'm talking about maybe keeping the project cost to build under one hundred dollars and the raffle tickets held to one dollar or less.I know some other parameters would have to come in to play to keep any one person participating from getting screwed i.e. keeps buying tickets but never wins or is not picked to submitt project for a few months.
I suggest the person that is raffling get the money(finally gets paid for something you built)and pays the shipping cost to the winner. I am not opposed to the moderator getting a small % for the time involved.I don't know sounds like it would be fun and grt a chance to actually see members crafts. Not intended to be a big moneymaker just cover costs and then some.....discuss

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Sounds like an interesting idea. It would take an ambitious person to oversee this project. I personally wouldn't have the time to do it. Let's wait and see what Nathan has to say about it. He surely will have some ideas.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts