Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've made a couple of cabinets now and they both have had plain ole flat tops. They don't look too bad and I'm happy with them. I 'm getting near the end of this one and I'd like to try something just a little fancier. I'm not close to any molding stores and wonder if there is something I could do. Maybe some kind of stack or something? I have a router table with a few bit profiles so am not ruling out trying to do something with that. Any easy tricks from you cabinet guys? Remember I'm a novice but am coachable......the cabinet is smallish and so far I have a plywood top on. Thank You for any ideas or suggestions.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
When planning a stack of mouldings, keep in mind the scale and size of the cabinet. You don't want to have an exaggerated moulding. You could start with a simple cove and add to it a quarter round. With just those two, you could add a vertical spacer between them, if you desire.

Yep, I favor simple. One, because it fits the application and two, I'm limited in my skill level. Here is what the wife had in mind for this. It seems do able to me but I can't quite see how to pull it off. ( You know how I put the top on
, even though it was plywood and probably stable enough to just fasten, I used the way you suggested before because that is a very easy and good way to do it. )

1 - 4 of 4 Posts