Woodworking Talk banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Smart and Cool
2,646 Posts
That is sickening...

You might contact PM and see if they have any sympathy for your case. Maybe hit them on social media if they have a presence as the pictures should induce a lot of sympathy.

·
Smart and Cool
2,646 Posts
That would require my pride to take a big hit in front of all my "facebook friends" ha-ha. But I didn't even think to reach out to PM. I may give it a go! Thanks!
They might like the idea of using your machine as an example of how durable PM machines are!

Get them to do a feature story on you, how fast the Planer was going, and a subtle reminder to Customers to learn from the experience.

Your pride will recover faster than your pocket book will, give it a shot!

(I might have sent an email to PM Customer Service with a link to this thread... :) )

·
Smart and Cool
2,646 Posts
Fixing that would chew up the $6300 purchase price pretty quickly.

If you think PM new equipment is pricey, wait 'til you see what parts cost.

Best bet is some consideration from PM for parts, after that selling the head and motor are probably your options.

·
Smart and Cool
2,646 Posts
We had a different experience. Was towing a trailer full of contents to another state after dad died; Minnesota to Arkansas. We have State Farm. Didn't get coverage on the trailer as last I knew, it was covered by the full coverage from the tow vehicle. After accident, agent said trailer wasn't covered. She tried to run contents through homeowner's policy but since we were too far from home area that didn't work.

I cannot understand the contents in a pickup not being covered...unless you ONLY have liability?
Call your insurance company and ask them if they will cover something that falls off of your trailer behind your truck, then you will understand. If it damaged someone's property, then that damage, up to the limits of your liability, would be covered. But not the item that fell off of the trailer.

People grossly misunderstand what "full coverage" is, as it really isn't "full coverage" for anything that happens.

People also under estimate the amount of liability insurance they should have, and what the ramifications are of not having adequate coverage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts