Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well in the time that I was waiting for parts to repair my jointer and get back to my coffee table build, I had to do something productive. After seeing Stubby Nubs Worksharp 3000 Station, I figured that it would be a good build for my Worksharp 2000. The Worksharp 2000 is limited to the size of chisels and plane irons you can fit in the slot. I think it is about 1.5". This would not work for most plane blades. In Stubby Nubs video you could use the flat surface of the station to position a sharpening jig.

I had some MDF scrap material and other scraps laying around, so I just started measuring and cutting. No real plan. I think it is about as done as it is getting and should work well, I hope. Only took a couple of days, a few hours here or there.

The exciting part is my Worksharp has been sitting new in the box for over half a year, now maybe I will put it to some use. I am going to have a lot of chiseling and joinery to do on my coffee table and this should help keep my chisels sharp. So thanks Stubby Nubs for the idea.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One thing I have learned from making this project is I do not like working with MDF. I don’t like the dust when cutting it, the way it drills, holds screws or really almost anything about it. Plus it split a few times when putting in screws, even with pilot holes. Being pretty new to wood working this was my first project using it. I like the smoothness of it and it cuts easy enough on the table saw. I guess it has its place in woodworking, but I am not a fan.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Looks good :thumbsup:
I have a sharpener on my list and I'll have to build one of those when and if I ever get mine.:smile:
Thanks for sharing it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.