Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have discoverd that I enjoy working with Hickory more than my equipment. I am making raised panels on my small 6" table saw (Sears/craftsman from probly the 60's) and had to give the saw a brake between panels. the blade is new so I know it ain't that. the motor is a 5.4 amp 1/4hp that runs the saw and my joiner. it helped unhooking the joiner, but still slow going. picking up a 10 inch craftsman on Friday. but after all the work, I put the poly on the Hickory and it was all worth it.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not sure of the model, but it's a 10" craftsman with a large table and heavy base. I should also be be getting my band saw. If all goes well.

·
Registered
26,984 Posts
Yea I think you need more than 1/4 hp. I didn't know any saw had a motor that small. I once had a saw with a 2hp motor and it wasn't enough. I don't think I would ever want to go below 3hp anymore.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
this is the saw I picked up today $50. plus $20. for 2 new titanium blades, 1 plywood blade and an adjustable dado set and just for the heck of it, a pic of the meat band saw I picked up for $20.

Attachments

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
dt1050 said:
this is the saw I picked up today $50. plus $20. for 2 new titanium blades, 1 plywood blade and an adjustable dado set.
Which one? No picture.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts