Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Sawdust Wrangler
482 Posts
I live in South Dakota, where it's always windy.

As it will be quite a while before I can afford good dust collection, is it pretty safe to work Outside, with nothing more than this mask?

3M 8511 Particulate Sanding N95 Respirator with Valve, 10-Pack - Amazon.com

Thanks.
Well, I would step up to a 3M 7500 mask (Bout 28 bucks) and buy the P100 filters for it (2 Needed comes in 2 packs). They are pink...

3M Half Facepiece Reusable Respirator, Respiratory Protection: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

The 7500 comes in 3 sizes (shown on the link above) so you need to determine what size face you have...

Also, if you need organic vapor protection when spraying things all you do is remove the pinks and put the other filters on and when you are finished, put the pinks back on.

Or, if you want disposables

3M P100 Particulate Respirator Mask #8293: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

hope this helps,

Paul

·
Registered
12,943 Posts
Don't know much about S. DK laws but in my area the dust mask plus a pair of jockey shorts would probably be minimum to stay out of jail.
You have to be careful. In some parts of the country masks are not lawful. To easy to be mistaken for a robber.

George

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sadly, I can't.
I have TMJD, and those masks are very painful. (I have a dual cartridge 3m respirator)

The second one might be okay, it's hard to tell. It looks tight / strongly molded, though.

Well, I would step up to a 3M 7500 mask (Bout 28 bucks) and buy the P100 filters for it (2 Needed comes in 2 packs). They are pink...

3M 2097 P100 Particulate Filter with Organic Vapor Relief, 1 Pair - Amazon.com

3M Half Facepiece Reusable Respirator, Respiratory Protection: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

The 7500 comes in 3 sizes (shown on the link above) so you need to determine what size face you have...

Also, if you need organic vapor protection when spraying things all you do is remove the pinks and put the other filters on and when you are finished, put the pinks back on.

3M 6001 Organic Vapor Cartridge, 1-Pair - Amazon.com

Or, if you want disposables

3M P100 Particulate Respirator Mask #8293: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

hope this helps,

Paul

·
Sawdust Wrangler
482 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8