Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been contemplating making a new work table ever since I started perusing the forums here. I had some tables but they were too tall and poorly constructed not to mention they were not functional. So I started with the premise that I wanted 12 feet of table with 4 foot of that being shorter than the rest so I could mount a router table on it.

I snooped around the Internet and found the attached and used that as a basic guide.

I then changed the design as needed to fit my application. I'll post some pics of construction and finished product in a second.

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Little polyurethane and this part is done. I need the space to keep working so I'm going to add the 4 foot section at a later time. For now it's waiting for the thing the dry and getting organized.

[UPDATE: removing pics and going to repost them right side up :p ]

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is another picture that shows the completed work bench (and is not upside down).

I still have another 4-6 feet of table to build - I am going to be mounting a router table to one part and a miter saw to the other and offsetting the heights of each so that the entire table space from miter saw to the workbench pictured here, can all be used as an even surface for cutting long lumber.

I'm pretty excited about it actually.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts