Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Those are both looking good. I think those are two of the most important accessories you can have when working with hand tools.

BTW - are you planning on a cleat to hold the shooting board?

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Bench hook, shooting board, and moxon vise. Those are my three that I can't live without. While your making the shooting board and bench hook, make a separate hook of equal size so you can support the long work pieces on your bench without any sagging or moving around.

·
master sawdust maker
437 Posts
I like to add a strip of 220 grit sand paper to my shooting board cleat. this will help grip the wood and keep it from slidding around when shooting.

Reactions: ACP

·
Drives his wife nuts...
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The bench hook/miter hook is pretty much done as pictured. The fence on the shooting board was the first step. I'll be adding a cleat, and the sandpaper is a good idea. Thanks.

·
Registered
406 Posts
firemedic said:
Yeah, it's sponsored by LN but it's good info - Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th6Cu0sqhjs
I've got blanks of hard maple just waiting for me to make these. Need to finish bench first though. I have an mdf bench hook that. I use and flip it over to use as a hooting board, running the plane right on the bench top. Not the best, but I'll get to fixing it in not too long.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts