Woodworking Talk banner
41 - 60 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
helped a friend make this computer table. glued up 2x4 then ripped to 3x3 for the legs. showed him how to turn the first leg, he turned the other three and was quite impressed with himself. all soft pine, i think he ended up with $20 in the table and learned a skill he'll never forget.

Glasses Furniture Table Easel Stool

·
Registered
95 Posts
Queen size platform bed for my son. I splurged and used pine! ;) First project of that size so didn't want to have an expencive flop. It was a design on the go project. Mostly went OK.....

Product Wood Rectangle Wood stain Flooring

Ken

·
Registered
218 Posts
Stools that I foolishly said to my wife that I could make cheaper... actually now that I'm looking at the picture, I built the island as well.
Wood Floor Flooring Hardwood Gas

Wood Stairs Automotive tire Floor Flooring

Back when my shop was a 2 car garage in a townhouse. Fireplace surround/mantle. I ended up making all the millwork in this.
Wheel Wood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Table

Property Hearth Black Wood Interior design

·
Registered
Termite
5,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 · (Edited)
Similar boat Jar. Daughter wanted tall chairs, I made the chairs but then decided she wanted a short table. Got rid of my original bar stools and now have to finish and cover these. Guess I'll paint them black with leather tops...
Wood Flooring Floor Chair Wood stain

Ki
Wood Flooring Floor Hardwood Natural material

I do a lot of mantels.
Wood Wood stain Flooring Hardwood Building

Wood Plank Composite material Hardwood Wood stain

Hearth Wood Interior design Flooring Floor

·
Registered
5,056 Posts
Stools that I foolishly said to my wife that I could make cheaper... actually now that I'm looking at the picture, I built the island as well.
I'll never forget a woodworking club meeting I attended where the demo was an easy, simple, craft type project. The gnarly, grizzled old woodworker who was sitting next to me leaned over and said to me, 'I tell my wife, "I could buy that for you, or I can make it for you for twice as much."'
- - - - -
P.S. I post my projects from time to time in the "What did you do today?" thread. I suppose this thread has taken over for it.

·
Registered
Termite
5,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
The problem with a lot of old threads is either the pictures don't work or links don't work or users not there anymore.

A "best" project I thought was fine, but I was interested in all projects. Whether your makimg cutting boards or tater bins. This is the place..there's no score...

·
Registered
Egg Spurt
3,026 Posts
I suppose I ought to get some pictures of some of the stuff around the house I've made over the years..

·
Registered
Termite
5,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
computer cabinet....

Attachments

·
Registered
Termite
5,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·