Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to find some cool woodworking posters. Mainly, i was the 8 steps to squaring lumber. I can't find them anywhere and would love to have one in the shop. Remind me of trade school. Please help

·
where's my table saw?
29,932 Posts
Check this out:

Open the link then click on "images" and you will see a hundred posters!

Woodworking Safety Posters;

·
where's my table saw?
29,932 Posts
If I had a spot on the wall large enough to hang a poster I would hang tools or jigs.
No room for non essentials.
Agreed!
The only place I would have is on a door, that way it's flat and wouldn't be in the way. Some kids put them on the ceiling! I wouldn't do that because I want the light reflected from the white paint. They would probably go best in someone's bedroom, rather than in the shop. Maybe in the garage?

·
where's my table saw?
29,932 Posts
Not everyone with a woodworking shop works with wood..
Well, why do they call it a "woodworking shop"?
If it's used for anything other than wood, it would be called that specialty, right?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Maybe contact Cerritos Community College, see what they may still have on hand. It may not be posters, but part of their handout literature for the class instruction. Rather than direct pictures/posters for each step, you may have to find individual pics that depict the step, then have a poster made with the step's description added to it.

Sonny

·
Registered
Termite
5,818 Posts
If I had a shop with customers, I think furniture pictures, etc would be great for sales.

I think if you buy posters of cars, motorcycles, etc for the shop, why not woodworking?

·
Registered
5,056 Posts
Related:
-> Has anybody seen any woodworking related calendars that you hang on the wall?

What I would like to find are several calendars with a hole for hanging on the wall, where you flip down each month to reveal a photo or image on top and the next month's calendar on the bottom. You know the type. Finding a "National Parks" calendar is easy. Finding a "woodworking" calendar is not.

I searched on Calendars (.com) and Amazon. Struck out on both of them. Nada! Calendars (.com) has been our usual source for many years to find all kinds of hobbies and interests for gifts. I found nothing related to woodworking. Perhaps my searches were poor.

Any ideas? Does anybody sell them?

·
Registered
Termite
5,818 Posts
Related:
-> Has anybody seen any woodworking related calendars that you hang on the wall?

What I would like to find are several calendars with a hole for hanging on the wall, where you flip down each month to reveal a photo or image on top and the next month's calendar on the bottom. You know the type. Finding a "National Parks" calendar is easy. Finding a "woodworking" calendar is not.

I searched on Calendars (.com) and Amazon. Struck out on both of them. Nada! Calendars (.com) has been our usual source for many years to find all kinds of hobbies and interests for gifts. I found nothing related to woodworking. Perhaps my searches were poor.

Any ideas? Does anybody sell them?

Yes... Paxton lumber company, liberty hardwoods, etc will have their own calendars.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
don't forget to throw up a couple of workers rights posters like every shop has in the lunchroom or at the punch clock
i do have a giant poster of my daughter swimming the butterfly leg of the 400M IM, the year she was NCAA champion, on my shop wall
youse guys with no room on the walls need to do some throwing out, this is the only pic i could find with the poster

Cabinetry Wood Shelf Shelving Table

you never know when the state inspector will stop in 😂
Font Material property Screenshot Technology Parallel

·
Registered
Termite
5,818 Posts
Throwing out isn't always the option. Sometimes stop buying is the answer. Stay out of actions and flea markets. All kinds of solutions and maybe no solutions at all.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts