Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could I get some recommendations for places to obtain building plans? I am looking forward to attempting my first custom woodworking project.

Thanks so much for your help...

Gary

·
Registered
38 Posts
I like Woodsmith plans. I've also purchased some from Plans Now. I've also Googled whatever type of project I was looking to do and came up with many options. I agree that drawing out your own plan can be very rewarding but I didn't start doing this until I did many projects that that taught me how to do different techniques.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Woodsmith, ShopNotes, Fine Woodworking, Popular Woodworking, American Woodworker, this site, ana-white.com, and hundreds or thousands of specialty books; I reliably like books from Taunton Press, but go to your local Barnes & Noble and they'll probably have a pretty large woodworking section (look under "Crafts and Hobbies" or something like that).

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Woodsmith, ShopNotes, Fine Woodworking, Popular Woodworking, American Woodworker, this site, ana-white.com, and hundreds or thousands of specialty books; I reliably like books from Taunton Press, but go to your local Barnes & Noble and they'll probably have a pretty large woodworking section (look under "Crafts and Hobbies" or something like that).
I like to look at plans to get references but I never have followed them exactly as shown. I usually draw my own on Graph paper and go from there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts