Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pretty new to woodworking and I am looking for your old woodworking magazines.

In particular, I am interested in Woodsmith, Fine Woodworking, Wood, and ShopNotes. However, I will entertain all offers. LOL

Of course, I will cover the cost of packaging and shipping.

Thanks!

Tyson

·
Registered
281 Posts
Do you ever go to used book sales? I've gotten a ton from those and from yard sales for dirt cheap. Churches and high schools often have used book sales as a fund raiser. I'm sure some of the guys here would be happy to help out...just wanted to throw that idea out there.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you ever go to used book sales? I've gotten a ton from those and from yard sales for dirt cheap. Churches and high schools often have used book sales as a fund raiser. I'm sure some of the guys here would be happy to help out...just wanted to throw that idea out there.

I will keep my eyes open this spring. Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
303 Posts
I did a craigslist search in my area and came up with several hits. You only one or two hits to score a lot of magazines. One had a hundred issues of Fine Woodworking asking 100 dollars. Not bad. The other guy had a 60-70 issues of various woodworking magazines for 25 dollars. Might be worth you while to scour craiglist list in your area. Do a search for "woodworking" under the
Books section.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did a craigslist search in my area and came up with several hits. You only one or two hits to score a lot of magazines. One had a hundred issues of Fine Woodworking asking 100 dollars. Not bad. The other guy had a 60-70 issues of various woodworking magazines for 25 dollars. Might be worth you while to scour craiglist list in your area. Do a search for "woodworking" under the
Books section.
I did find some...about 4 hours away! :icon_eek: Doh! Thanks for the tip, though.

·
Log dog
7,935 Posts
robert421960 said:
I have a box full of magazines here if. You want them . They are old but free if you want them
25 cents for a magazine?
Yea I'd say that's old. Laughing!!!!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hi Tyson

This is on the the local Craigslist:
45 Better homes WOOD magazine & couple handyman...shop notes mags
50 magazines in all , going back to Sept 2000
All types of tips and tricks to be a better wood worker

http://lincoln.craigslist.org/tls/3830556181.html

I don't know if they will ship or even if they are still for sale but I thought I would relay the information

Bob

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I found a local guy that had a ton of magazines. They should keep me busy for quite a while. I appreciate the assistance and offers.

Thanks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts