Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello...I was wondering if anyone knows of any computer programs I could get that will help me design patterns for scroll sawing? or an links to sites that have free downloadable programs and or patterns.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
55 Posts
I use MS visio to do scale 2d layouts. Helps put thing in perspective and I can get measurements off of it. Not exactly a detail plan that you could just cut and build from but its good to get a scaled idea of what you want. You need to play with the settings to get your scale right.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'll second Sketch-up. I use it to get general ideas laid out all the time. Not that I'm a professional or anything - but just about every project I've tackled in the last year... I've drawn out in sketch-up.

It just helps me get a rough idea of what I need to do, and what it's going to take to get it done. I hear there is a "pro" version that will let you print out actual detailed plans and what not - but I haven't actually used it or anything.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Does Sketch-up work in scale? What I like about visio is I can set the scale and throw in inches for height and width for parts. I do sketch stuff out....but on paper.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts