Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first tried General Finishes Woodturners finish, I bought an 8oz squeeze bottle. When it ran out, I opted for the more economical pint can. I poured half into an 8oz squeeze bottle and was immediately struck by the pink color. It also seems to take longer to dry. Does anyone know if the formulation has changed?

·
7,222 Posts
When I first tried General Finishes Woodturners finish, I bought an 8oz squeeze bottle. When it ran out, I opted for the more economical pint can. I poured half into an 8oz squeeze bottle and was immediately struck by the pink color. It also seems to take longer to dry. Does anyone know if the formulation has changed?
I have a can of GF Woodturners Finish and it is pink in the can. A similar colour to the GF Enduro water based urethane.

The GF Woodturners Finish will be clear when cured. I used this for the first time this week. It did take longer to cure than the few minutes mentioned in some posts but I did use sponge brush to get a thicker coat.

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had tinted my original bottle with transtint, but I remember it being more amber than pink. So, I tinted the new batch using the same ratios of Transtint and it's still more pink than the original bottle. It also seems to take longer to dry. I'm wondering if the formula has changed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts