Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am an average hobby woodworker. I have a good set up shop with almost everything needed. You know the scene. Drill press, lathe, jointer, planer, table saw, two scroll saws, two 12" disc sanders, router table, two bandsaws (MM20 and Delta 14"), ect., ect. I do bowl turning and mostly large clock making. I spend most of my time in the shop on the scroll saw cutting fretwork. I buy all my wood from a local saw mill in North Carolina when my family and I go visit my wife's parents and bring back to Huntsville, Texas where I live. I resaw all my wood for scrolling. My problem is that I have a Performax 16/32 drum sander and it is not heavy duty enough for the task of sanding hundreds of linear bf of maple, walnut and cherry. I am think about purchasing a new Woodmaster 3875 drum sander. What I would like to know from anyone that has one are the pros and cons about them. Do you think this would be a good choice for a drum sander? I want to make the right choice since this is a pretty pricy machine. What do you think?

James Huntsville, TX.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Welcome to the site James.
I can't help you with the sander thing, but did you know there is a sawmill between Huntsville and Shiro just off of Hwy 30. That is where I get my wood from. Great bunch of guys.:thumbsup:
http://www.mgsawmill.com

Can you post some of your work in your gallery?

·
Registered
135 Posts
The woodworker down the road has the 30"? model and really enjoys it. The only complaint he has is the height scale, its not very accurate. He is getting the wixey digital gauge in a few days.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts