Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
HALL OF FAMER
8,516 Posts
I don't want to be too critical, because it really is a great project, but please stop using your jointer like that. Start using push pads on your jointer before something bad happens. It will only take one slip to pay a terrible price for the sake of a few push pads.
Other than that, very nice project.

·
Registered
13,108 Posts
I don't want to be too critical, because it really is a great project, but please stop using your jointer like that. Start using push pads on your jointer before something bad happens. It will only take one slip to pay a terrible price for the sake of a few push pads.
I doubt the poster was the one who made the video. You are certainly correct about the use of the jointer.

Do not think there would be too much market for a wood tripod. Too bulky and too heavy.

George

·
Wood Snob
5,963 Posts
Nice build. Somebody get this guy some sandpaper. If your going to make something like this from wood. It's got to have a beautiful finish on it.

Al

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I doubt the poster was the one who made the video. You are certainly correct about the use of the jointer.

Do not think there would be too much market for a wood tripod. Too bulky and too heavy.

George
You are not right. Whi do you say that? I did the poster and i did the video and the tripod.
The tripod is only tu use in the shop, so the weight is not relevant. I use it to make easily the videos.
I am portuguese and i dont know speak very well the english language, but i hope I make myself understood. We have no money to buy factory parts. And it's work more or less.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Yes, you are right. This machines are very dangerous. I did meanwhile two push pads and i use them often.
The danger of the jointer is not so serious as it seems.
But thank you for your concern.
However the table saw is more dangerous than the jointer.
I invite you to see this video with the use of a table saw without splitter blade guard ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7sRrC2Jpp4 )
and, however, you d'ont use that in your table saw.

·
Senior Sawdust Sweeper
1,551 Posts
What kind of photography do you do with that camera? Yes, you would have to do your own processing these days.

What kind of tripod do you use?

George
I use it mainly for landscapes and such. I have a Manfrotto with a ballhead and quick release plates. My favorite place to shoot is at driftwood beaches and also old masonry.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts