Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am in the process of drafting plans for a folding wooden beach/deck chair with a fabric sling. I am having a hard time finding the adjustable brackets that mount on the arm rest, to recline the seat back backward (picture attached). I would have thought they would be simple to find, since they're only a metal angle with adjustment slots made into them. But I have spent literally hours searching the internet, with no luck. Not sure if i'm using the wrong search terms or what. Any ideas as to where I can find these brackets?

Also, while I'm here, who is the best supplier for stainless steel bolts and hardware?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
13,544 Posts
I doubt that you will find that product on the retail market. Building "beach chairs" is not a popular home activity. I would look for a manufacturer and see if they would sell direct.

Stainless hardware can be found in most hardware type stores. Lowes, Home Depot, Fastenall, Ace, etc

George

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
there are many recline able chair designs that use a similar sawtooth style pattern cut out of wood, which have a mating dowel or cleat fall into to make the adjustment. maybe search wooden chaise lounge plans..

·
Registered
970 Posts
People throw away old recliners all the time or sell them cheap at garage sales. I’d look to recycle the parts from another chair.

In woodworking there is always more then one way to accomplish something.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am in the process of drafting plans for a folding wooden beach/deck chair with a fabric sling. I am having a hard time finding the adjustable brackets that mount on the arm rest, to recline the seat back backward (picture attached). I would have thought they would be simple to find, since they're only a metal angle with adjustment slots made into them. But I have spent literally hours searching the internet, with no luck. Not sure if i'm using the wrong search terms or what. Any ideas as to where I can find these brackets?

Also, while I'm here, who is the best supplier for stainless steel bolts and hardware?

Thanks!
Did you have any luck locating anything?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.