Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wondering if anyone has build the woodcraft scratch awl kit. The woodcraft web sight wants me to pay three dollars for instructions. I think that's crazy

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Do you mean you bought a box of parts and they now want you to pay extra for instructions, or do you mean you're looking at the plans they sell and don't want to pay for that?

"Kit" to me says a box of parts, and that really should come with instructions unless there's only one possible way the parts can go together. (And maybe even then.) For the downloadable plans with no parts, $3 doesn't seem too unreasonable; that's about what any good set of diagrams for a simple project costs.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought there $10 awl kit. It's just like all there other turning kits. They said they could print the instruction for it but could not find then at checkout. When I got home I checked. Every turning kit has free assembly instructions except for the awl kit.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ed_h said:
You'll likely learn more by doing it on your own.
True but I have a few questions about it. Like how far does the tube extend beyond the wood or does the thread end go into the wood a little bit?

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Check out woodturnerscatalog.com. The kit might not be exactly the same, but they have printable directions for all their kits on their website.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts