Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Banned
3,533 Posts
Nice shop that looks like you're producing some nice work. I hate to be the first to say it, but you'll never pass an OSHA inspection, though. No dust collection, no safety guard, no eye protection, or ear protection, and no respirator mask of any kind, and no push stick. I hope your insurance is good. ;)

· Banned
3,533 Posts
It was mentioned at least 2 times in the text and shows in the photo attached to the jointer and planer and another showing a 2 stage collector and a shop vac and a long haired dog (4 legged dust collector). Safety guards do not seem to be a priority, "removed for the photographs" I assume. :laughing: I wouldn't suit up in respirators and dust masks for the photos either...:no: I give the guys credit for not only making the best of the basement space, having had a basement shop 30 years ago myself, but getting the whole family in the operation. ;) bill
I stand corrected. I didn't read any of the text, to be honest. I do say the pic of someone actually "using" the TS looks like it's running, to me, but I'll believe Russell when he says it's "contrived" for a photo shoot.

Hell, I wasn't even trying to belittle the shop at all, just a little good natured ribbing based on all the threads we seem to have where someone jumps up and complains that "XYZ safety device isn't being used and it's irresponsible to show such things in a public forum.. blah blah blah". I personally don't use any of the safety covers on my TS, even though I know I should in most cases. Ear and eye protection I use religiously, though.

Mostly it looks to me like a great shop to work in and I'd be happy if it were mine. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.