Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Old School
24,011 Posts
Anyone have a recommendation for wood filler? Something that stains decent, isn't too obvious. I have used bona wood floor filler before, but can't for the life of me find where I got it. I'm looking for something in the red oak color.
What you use may depend on how much you need, or the type of repair. For finished woodwork, you could use shellac sticks. They are the ones that you burn into the fill. Or, you could apply your final finish and then use the blending pencils. They are like a crayon type composition. That same fill material comes in small bottles. Either can be mixed to most any shade. It just gets rubbed in the fill area and wiped off. Done right the repair is almost invisible.

· Old School
24,011 Posts
Looking for filler for pre finishing touchups. There's always a chip or nick here or there.
With the blending pencils you go ahead and stain and do your topcoat. THEN use the blending pencils. You don't have to worry about the fill taking the stain. Once your finish is on, you can get an exact color match.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.