Woodworking Talk banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Look for a first class furniture repairman/patcher in your area, it will cost you, but it can be done by such, within in a reasonable amount of time. He would or should have, at his disposal, all that is necessary to perform the work or ready knowledge and access to anything he would not.

All the answers so far, are very good and helpful, but as a retired furniture finisher repairman, i know this is out of the bounds of the home owner to handle themselves, and ever be happy with the end results. :thumbsup: :yes:

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
This is just a dumb thought that popped into my head, but could you possible mask off the darker areas, and shine UV light onto the lighter area for an extended period of time? This may accelerate the darkening of that wood. It may do nothing either, but just a thought.
That would work well if it were cherry or mahogany, but with pine i dont know how long it would take. cheaper than a pro doing it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.