1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
315 Posts
Given that its a Prius with wood on the back of it there's gotta be some sort of green/environmentalist joke to be made here but I just can't come up with it!

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It it known that this is really wood on the back of that car? Or just painted to look like wood.

George
I found the photo under “Home fix-it jobs gone terribly wrong” so I think it was someones idea of bodywork after an accident.

There are 101 more photos of repairs that are unbelievable and some pretty funny you check it you may enjoy it.:laughing:

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Old Methane Gas Cloud
3,500 Posts
There are some people that will take accident insurance money and continue to drive the car until forever. This appears to be one of them. Generally speaking Time means nothing to them.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
rrich said:
There are some people that will take accident insurance money and continue to drive the car until forever. This appears to be one of them. Generally speaking Time means nothing to them.
I've done that on three occasions.

The insurance compensation is ours do do with as we choose. They're happy to clear the claim.

I don't care about the appearance of my vehicle or what others may think of it.

To some a vehicle is a status symbol or some kind of personal identification statement.

Nothing wrong with that but for me a vehicle is nothing more than transportation.

As long as its safe and reliable I'm happy.

Reactions: frankp

·
Old Methane Gas Cloud
3,500 Posts
I worked at a swimming pool chlorine company. There were 4 gallon bottles per case. Deposit was $2 per case, a quarter per jug and a dollar for the case. It was not unusual to have cases returned for exchange and then find a broken bottle propped up with newspaper. We were instructed to actually check the bottles when a case was exchanged.

Once I picked up a bottle that didn't look quite right. The bottle had been scotch taped together with most of the pieces in the correct places.

As I said above, Time means nothing to some people.

·
Banned
3,535 Posts
conversely, rrich, it might be that time means everything to this person. Perhaps the insurance money wasn't enough to pay for a rental while the car was in the shop? I know plenty of people who don't have rental riders on their insurance so if he needs his car to work (i.e. long commute or something) perhaps he simply couldn't afford to wait for a shop to fix the car? That wooden bumper couldn't have taken more than a few hours to do, which could be any time of the day (or night) when a shop wouldn't be working on the car.

We all have our weird reasons for doing things but what you and I think of might not be the real justification. Hell, maybe the guy is just eclectic and thought it would be funny. Or perhaps he just wanted to be an internet sensation.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
rrich said:
I

...Once I picked up a bottle that didn't look quite right. The bottle had been scotch taped together with most of the pieces in the correct places.

As I said above, Time means nothing to some people.
Laughing! Apparently neither time or honesty meant anything to that person.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts