Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I was looking through the ads that came in the Sunday paper this morning, I seen an ad that had a router table for sale for $89. It was a Wolf Craft brand. I, myself, haven't heard of Wolf Craft before. That being said, I'm wondering if anybody here has ever seen/used that brand and what are your opinions? Is it a good brand?

·
7,222 Posts
I have a Wolf Craft roller stand and some Wolf Craft clamps one handed design similar to the Quick Grip design, but beefier. At one time they were easy to find.

I took the 3 roller assembly off the stand and built this into my table saw outfeed table. I liked the stand, I just needed the space below the outfeed table to had to take the stand apart.

I feel the products I have purchased were good design and quality materials. I have not seen their router table.

·
RAM Man
766 Posts
First, let me preface my response by saying that the one I owned was purchased over 10 years ago. With that being said, unless they have really jumped up the quality, I can't recommend the Wolf Craft router table. One concern I had was how difficult it was to setup the fence. I also wasn't happy that the aluminum portion of the top would always leave stains on the work piece as it moved across it. However, the biggest gripe I had with it was that it was impossible, for me at least, to adjust the two outside table extensions so that they were on the same plane as the main table. I finally got so frustrated with the thing and just threw it in the garbage! I have owned and still own some other Wolf Craft products and everyone of then is top shelf IMO. I'm pretty sure that they were a German company originally but I don't know if all their product is still being made there or not.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has anyone tried their screw extractors? They have internal Wolfcraft item number 2982000 and comes in a pack of two bits, namely SR1 and SR2 respectively. General reviews online seems mediocre at best. Therefore I thought I'd ask before I spent 10€.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
I took the plunge and bought the Kreg benchtop router table. Fastened it to a DIY stand on wheels. Made from 2x4s and the top is a sink cutout from a cabinet shop. BTW, they just throw away the cutouts. Make great small tables- got my DP and BS on a DIY table. Chop saw is on an old BBQ grill stand. I'm cheap!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts