Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an idea that I thought could make a nice vase. The gluing and set up took more time than the turning did. I made it on my mini lathe and it is about 8" high. Since it turned out good, I am going to use the same technique on some other woods.

You can see all my unusual projects at my web site.

http://www.ronaltier.com/blog/2

Attachments

·
Andrew Close
280 Posts
very slick.
someday i'll have to look into turning. you guys do some incredibly cool stuff. you just scare me saying it's so addictive. ;)

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Nice vace Ron!
I have always been interested to turning but haven't took the leap.
My wife is probably more interested than I am. It would be cool if she got into turning, then we could share shop time together.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I started with a solid block of walnut. I marked centers and drew a circle near the edge. I drilled 7 one half inch holes equally spaced around the circle and a hole 1 and a half in the center. I made, glued and inserted dowels in each of the holes. From there, you must be certain not to turn it down too much or you get straight lines where the dowels are, instead of the shape I got.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Nice vace Ron!
I have always been interested to turning but haven't took the leap.
My wife is probably more interested than I am. It would be cool if she got into turning, then we could share shop time together.

Ready to buy TWO lathes???? :laughing: :laughing:

Nancy

·
Registered
445 Posts
Super looking vase Ron. :yes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts