Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Sawing against the Wind
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't sawn much lately....saw shed full and nowhere else to stack lumber. A nieghbor near my moms gave me a couple cherry logs if I wanted them. He said they had been down a while but I agreed to get them. WOW to my amazement the best pieces were in the burn pile....IMAGINE THAT....A PIECE OTHERS CONSIDER WASTE....LIKE CROTCHES:thumbsup::eek::laughing::huh::icon_cool:. Got some 10-12" logs BUT the burn pile had 24" split crotch and another 24" split crotch with a double/tri crotch 36" wide within 6'. I cut off 2'6" for the split crotch and cut with the split (boards shown). The other half of split has 6' of 12" log, will be nice with the 18-20" crotch flair at end. All and all I left with a WAGON LOAD (sorry NO pics, get later). Sawed the short section and that FEVER/BUG has attacked again:yes::laughing::huh:;):blink:.

Enjoy the pic and have a Awesome day in Jesus's Love,
Tim

Attachments

·
Registered
288 Posts
Nice curl!!!!

I cut a really nice mountain box elder burl last weekend, been itching to get at it but so many other things going right now.

·
Sawing against the Wind
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pic update

Here's the "Cherry Wagon" and the "wide side" of the double crotch...it actually grew out 90 deg...may be called a triple since there's three "crotches" together....YEAH got some spalting going on:thumbsup::thumbsup:.

Got to get some termite killer before I get close to sawshed. peeled back loose bark to find the critters:eek::blink::no:( NO April FOOLS ). Will peel and burn trash to destroy feeding grounds and spray logs with Timbor or equal.

Have a Blessed day in Jesus's Awesome Love,
Tim

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts