Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I just joined this forum. Have been on other forums since 2000 and am glad to see a new one show up. I am hoping this one can be single minded in that it stays on topic. Too many other sites the posters go off and talk about everything but WW. And then there are the fights and the clicks. Whew..... glad that's over. :laughing:

I am a semi-retired person with a small one man shop doing a lot of repair and restoration and some new construction of furniture.
My speciality it Craftsman furniture of guys like Stickley.

Looking forward to chating with you guys.
I have this little web site that is woefully out of date but nevertheless
www.craftsman-furniture.com

Good Luck
John

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you for the invitation

John,

Thank you for the invitation to this new forum... I look forward to all the knowledge and resources it has to offer...

Regards,

Big (Rob) Johnson

·
Forgotten but not gone
5,674 Posts
Welcome to the club JohnV. I agree about the bickering - it turns my stomach. I have left other forums because even the ones who have been the "victim" often lose their maturity and allow themselves to be dragged down to the level of the offender.

Now as far as "Off Topic" we will have to agree to disagree (without getting cross :icon_wink: ). We have an "Off Topic" section specifically for that and many of us find it enjoying to get to know each other that way.
If you like strictly WW topics without any camaraderie whatsoever there is a site named Woodweb - which I happen to love - but it's strictly business. I'm TexasTimbers over there.

Anyway, welcome aboard. I look forward to adding some of your experience to my repatoire - the easy way! :yes:

·
Registered
754 Posts
Welcome to the site John, I am very glad you are here.
Thanks also for helping to spread the word. Being a new site we need a lot of that.

·
Registered
66 Posts
This is a Sad Day...

JohnV passed away suddenly last night. I've known John for a few years and is definatly one of the good guys.

He has been a member of WoodNet as well as WoodWorkersWeb, which is where I knew him best. John is the one that got me to come here.

I'm not sure what happened to him, but that doesn't really matter. He loved his wife with every fiber of his being and enjoyed woodworking and modifying his house in Shreveport LA. When I was starting to turn and needed refernce material, John sent me reference material. No charge. Because we were friends.

John will be sorely missed. I wish you all could of known John like I did. He is a class act.

Tom

·
Registered
404 Posts
My condolences go out to John's family.......

I just goes to show ya that ya never know when your time is up..

·
Registered
754 Posts
Wow, that is sad news. Thanks for telling us Dave, I'm sorry I didn't get to know him better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts