Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am using a Mohawk Precatalyzed Laquer and was just wondering if I dare wipe it down with anything between coats. After I have sanded and wiped off with tack cloth I can still see some dust that won't vacuum up or wipe off. Product calls for a laquer thinner to clean gun with, anyone think that will help or hurt? Thank you in advance for your time.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I am using a Mohawk Precatalyzed Laquer and was just wondering if I dare wipe it down with anything between coats. After I have sanded and wiped off with tack cloth I can still see some dust that won't vacuum up or wipe off. Product calls for a laquer thinner to clean gun with, anyone think that will help or hurt? Thank you in advance for your time.
Mohawk has great products. Do not wipe with La thinner. It will just wash the lacquer. A good tack cloth is all that is needed. And sand very lightly. Just knock off the over spray. I generally use a scotch pad. If you have much more to knock off your in a dusty environment. Try standing the piece on end so you don't allow the dust to settle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts