Woodworking Talk banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Completely not as cool as your build (or anywhere near as nice looking) but I just found out about pac bows. Cost is considerably less for materials and time is within the realm of me actually getting one built. Planning to do one as a starter bow for my 2 and 4 year olds. You can even get up to about a 45 pound draw weight (at ~28 inches) from some of the designs. Now to decide whether to make the starter a long bow or a recurve... ideas as to which is better for young kids?
Long bows are better for the 2 and 4 year olds, safer an easier to make.

Reactions: frankp

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Roy-Sorry I missed these- they are beautiful as your work always is. Was that the curly or dark walnut. Either wood -fantastic use of it.:thumbsup:

Reactions: bigcouger

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Roy-Sorry I missed these- they are beautiful as your work always is. Was that the curly or dark walnut. Either wood -fantastic use of it.:thumbsup:

It was the figured dark I got from you Mike, thought you want to see it used. They work beautifully to :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Reactions: mike1950

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Mike Here is a better picture of the Walnut for you

Attachments

Reactions: frankp and mike1950

·
Registered
11 Posts
Absolutely gorgeous. I wish I could get back into archery and would love to have a collection of bows that nice (both recurve and longbows).

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Poly was used on this project

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Here is a snick look at the box with a twist ( Carving )

Some Quarter Sawn crap figured Cherry an some crappie Maple

Attachments

·
master sawdust maker
437 Posts
Dont know how I missed this thread! pure perfection as usual! absolutely Awesome!

Reactions: bigcouger

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Update on Carving in progress :yes::yes:

Attachments

Reactions: abetrman

·
DRTYBYRD
484 Posts
Awesome.....

..Is the best word I can come up with.

Are these hunting bows? Sorry if the answer is obvious but I have not clue about bow and arrows lol..

I have a coworker who does bow hunting. I would show these to him but I think he might soil his pants lol..

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Yes there Hunting Bows I took a 4 point with the 45 Lb pull one :yes::yes:

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Getting ready for the finish, added green dye for effect for the grass :yes: an darken in the back antlers, inside ears an hoofs :yes: finish work going to take me about 1 week or 2 not in a hurry :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Got 1 coat of BLO on an 1 coat of Poly on now still a few days of finish to go :yes:

Attachments

Reactions: Alchymist
21 - 40 of 40 Posts