Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
A recent project I've been working on, it's for a client not my house.
A glass room measuring 28ft x 36ft.

The wall furniture is a combination of display cabinets (one of them is a secret door to another room) and large wine coolers. All in dark mahogany with push to open doors. With a matt finish.

The island come bar area is in 4 sections, all on wheels so the shape can be changed, from an elongated "S" shape to a horseshoe shape to other shapes as required.
These units have push to open doors, its a man made macassar ebony veneer, man made was chosen as it was more uniform. the finish is high gloss.
The work tops are 20mm premium black granite.

To give you an idea of size the bar is just over 5 meters long and 900mm wide.

Also in the room is a coffee table, and a 12ft x 6ft dining table(out of shot) which we made.

Hope you like it, I'm based just outside London. Economy is picking up over here I seem to have some really good work lined up for the first 4 or 5 months of next year.
Been a while since I posted, I'm based in the UK, near London.

My website bespoke kitchens herts

·
where's my table saw?
28,569 Posts
beautiful work there

Very handsome work on the website also, high end! Good for you, regarding the economy! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nicely done indeed. Has a very "elite" look. I've used that same type of veneer in the past, and it takes careful handling. It seemed to split and separate along the grain lines fairly easy. What finish did you use on it?
The bar is high gloss, I did 4 coats of polyester, flattened off slightly between coats then 2 coats of ac lacquer which is burnished to a high gloss.

the polyester provides a strong coating and also grain fills, it also gives depth to the high gloss.
Need to be careful with it though as it only has a pot life of about 20 mins, easy way to mess up expensive spray gear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts