Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I found this in Back issue #174 of Wood Magazine. Made from Maple and Bubinga. I made mine from Pallet Pine and a Mystery wood salvaged from a Pallet I found years ago. It's reddish brown, very dense and heavy and hard. Not sure what it is but pretty, dark grain.

Here's Wood Magazines version...

Here's Mine

Some other views...

Turned out pretty well. Think I'll take it to a Liqour Store and see if they want to stick a bottle of wine in it and sell it as a package deal on consignment. Gunna ask $30 bucks for it. My cost was $0 and time was 2 hours. If it sells, I'll make more.:icon_smile:

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Well done :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Looks great mission. Did you use dowels on the ends?
Yes, 1/4" dowels epoxied with 5 min epoxy. Drilled the End piece first on the Drill Press, Clamped it in placed used it for drill guide to Free Hand drill into box sides. I then Glued the ends into place and then using my 6" table belt sander rounded off the ends. Really quite easy to build and minimal time and effort. I took some of the others advice and decided to price it @ $40 dollars, and in 7 days I've got orders for 5 already and I haven't even made it to the Liquor store yet!:yes:

·
Pain in the A$$
1,904 Posts
I took some of the others advice and decided to price it @ $40 dollars, and in 7 days I've got orders for 5 already and I haven't even made it to the Liquor store yet!:yes:
Thats great news!!!

I was actually looking foir the plans but I can't seem to find them. I,m thinking about making 2 of these for some upcoming weddings that I will be attending. I think they'll make a nice gift.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thats great news!!!

I was actually looking foir the plans but I can't seem to find them. I,m thinking about making 2 of these for some upcoming weddings that I will be attending. I think they'll make a nice gift.
Plans are in the #174 Issue of Wood Magazine. I think you can get em online here...http://www.woodstore.net/is17de20.html

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.