Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I need to relube the gearbox. The manual states "Open the filler plug" but, gives no indication of the location of this filler plug. For the life of me, I can't find it. Anyone have any experience here?

Thanks.

·
7,222 Posts
I found the manual, and surprised that they did not bother with a diagram to accompany the instructions.

I would look for a small hex screw on the side of the gearbox. Scroll all the way to the parts diagram. I am thinking it may be #45 labeled as "Bolt Hex Head socket (M8x12)"

This appears to be in line with the #47 "Plug, oil"

http://content.wmhtoolgroup.com/manuals/m_8201VS.pdf

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
found the plug (I guess)

Thanks for the reply.
Yeah, the manual is pretty useless when it comes to the real maintenance. All my Internet searches just turned up the same manual. I discovered that the level indicator itself is just a plastic plug, pullable with fingernails. So I filled it as high as I could via the hole that pulling it left which, of course, gives me a level reading of extremely low. Full enough though, I think.

Thanks again.

·
Slovenian
5 Posts
Too bad you had to pull out the oil level plug because the filler is just above it. I hope it goes back in and seals good.
If you take off the gray belt cover box with the 4 screws on the bottom, you will see that at the very top of the casting there is a allen set screw in the oil filler hole. It is totally hidden by that cover- poor engineering on their part, but when see a oil level window the filler has to be above it somewhere. We had the oil leak our of our saw we just bought becasue some yahoo drilled a hole in the filler plug. I pressed in a brass plug into the screw plug and filled it up and it works great. We added casters to it so we can move it around out of the way when not needed. HD has casters with a 3/8" stud on top and they fit right on it!
Merry Christmas..................Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts