Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a problem with Enrich Poly curing. I have done the box in that and all of it has dried except one side. It has been three days. I brought it upstairs hoping the warmer enviroment would help. Thoughts on how to accelerate

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
here is what I did.

This is only one side of the top of the jewelry case that is at issue. I put BLO on first but waited a full 24 before doing anything. I then brushed on a coat of Enrich waterbased Poly that went on very thick. I was supprised at the the depth of the material. That is what did not dry. the basement is colder than the house but reasonably dry. I have decided to strip the top and start again but this time I am spraying with Deft. I just finished putting that on a Settee and it came out great. I do believe that it was the temperature and thickness that caused the issue. it is now 7 days and my patience is gone. A stripping we will go. Thanks for the input. PS I did the fan thing but to no avail.

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Answering two questions I did not thin the BLO on this one and that may be a good point. I did thin it on the one I am about to do so that will be a nice test. Thanks for the reminder.
Stir the water borne. I did stir it before usage. There was settling of a white sediment on the bottom. I was able to get most of it into suspension.

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Deft

I went with Deft and is that every nice. It gives a smooth silky feel that I have not had with any other spray. Does anyone know what it is made of?
Mixing of the other product is a posibility but that would mean fewer solids which is not part of the curing process to my knowledge. Regardless when I use it again I will mix the #^%& out of it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.