Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like seeing pictures. The gallery is easy to use. It doesn't have to be anything great (I post totally inane things there, now I am feeling bad about it cause noone else is) I belong to 4 discussion forums and the gallery is my favorite part of 3 of them.
I have spent hours looking at "whacks of logs", new puppies, old tools, vistas... We don't all have to have pictures like Burlkraft and his awesome burl logs :laughing:. Whatcha got?
I think others want to see them too. 100's of views are counted on some of my lamest pics.
Postem if you gottem.

·
Forgotten but not gone
5,677 Posts
I'm with you daren. the only reason I haven't posted any pictures in a week is because my pooter has been in the shop and this loaner does not have but the most basic software.
i can't even pay some of my bills online with this thing because I get an error message that says something about bad encryption "update your browser . . "
I hope to be picking it up tomorrow. they were supposed to add anothe 512MB RAM but they said today they were went the wrong chip. Ha. Anyway, they claim the new hard drive is in, but none of the pictures or any data at all is able to be saved off of my old hard drive. they said they could send it to a "clean room" and for several hundred dollars an hour they could almost certainly retrieve it but the bill always runs in the thopusands of dollars.
So there is the short answer of why I haven't been posting any pics latley. i don't know what sad excuse these other guys might have. :icon_wink:

·
Registered
757 Posts
Well, we are still new and are just getting ramped up.

Daren, how does this site and the gallery compare to what you have been using? Always looking for good ideas.

BTW, love your photos!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Nathan,

I can say that primary reason I signed up for WoodworkingTalk is because of the Forum SW being used. I'm a regular on DodgeTalk.com and BBQ-Brethren.com. Both use the same SW. I really like the way DodgeTalk.com is configured. They make good use of the Gallery and each user gets a Gallery link under their avatar in their link. This is an ideal way to implement it in my opinion.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Well, I can move the link to under the avatar. Right now it's in the drop down menu when you click on a name.
Let me know what you would like to see and I'll try to include it.

Anything else on that site that we should mimic?

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pictures? What are they? And BTW, did you loose your razor Daren?
Yes, and my barber went out of business :laughing:

Nathan the gallery is OK the way it is set up, but Plowboy has an idea with the link below your name. I just put pictures in the gallery because unless you are registered/logged on you can't see the attached pictures in the discussion. I link the gallery and attach a picture. There are MANY visitors here who are not (and probably not going to) register. They come across a discussion with pictures and they miss out. I have been contacted by people who just "happened upon" this site for whatever reason, saw the pictures and used my website link to e-mail me.

Yes Big Dave, that makes me happy :thumbsup:, you do good work...Might as well show it off.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I would , but I haven't done 'nuthin to take pictures of...:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
757 Posts
oh i'm sorry,no women allowed, heh?
Yea, I'm a bit over board on that rule. Sorry.

Overall let's try to keep the gallery woodworking related. Materials, supplies, projects, etc.... You can always post a picture of your car in an off-topic thread :thumbsup:

·
Registered
757 Posts
I got my computer back but i lost everything. No pictures from the archives for me. Have to start all over. I lost everything.
Ouch.. I'm sorry to hear that.

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok Daren,i Posted Some Pics In The Gallery So Their's Something There For Everyone
Oh yea, I like cars too. I had a '68 Barracuda that I shoved a 440 rollor cam motor in, a mildy modified 5.0 Mustang. I just sold a real pretty black 78 Camaro that had a really well built small block in it (the motor came out of a sportsmans class stock car). I will try to dig up some pictures, I was just looking at the Barracuda pictures the other day.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts