Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
Well they're a bit older....I'd want to see them all run and make sure they're all single phase.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
e-mailed the owner, and she had 3 people coming over to see them this weekend.

Jon
Northern Michigan

·
Woodworking Wanderer
216 Posts
e-mailed the owner, and she had 3 people coming over to see them this weekend.

Jon
Northern Michigan
That's usually when I say something like "I don't want to look, I want to buy and I have cash", almost always gets a reply like "how soon can you be here?"...moves me to the front of the line more times than not.

If somebody selling on CL is going to wait for flakes and lowballers, they probably haven't tried to sell much and will learn...my experience is about 10% of the contacts when I sell on CL actually show up when/where agreed. Anybody who asks me to hold an item gets a reply like "money talks, the first one here with the cash gets it".

I saw a nice mini-lathe posted last weekend, called the guy and he said somebody was going to look at it the next day...guess who owns it now?

Money talks, waiting for CL buyers to show up is almost always a losing game. Sellers who feel they owe something to somebody they've never met pretending to be interested don't do so well actually selling things quickly, IMHO.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am leaning more to a new TS, however this package would be nice. But not nice enough to travel 4 hours just to look at them.

Jon
Northern Michigan

·
Sawdust Wrangler
482 Posts
I am leaning more to a new TS, however this package would be nice. But not nice enough to travel 4 hours just to look at them.

Jon
Northern Michigan
oh, it's nice enough for that trip (if it's single phase), not earth-shattering pricing, but a very nice start on a complete shop... but, it's probably too late... oh, i didn't see the right tilt part!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The saw's a beast. The saw and planer are on their website....wondering the jointer model is wrong....could it be a G1018?

http://www.grizzly.com/outlet/12-Table-Saw-Pro-Cabinet-Style-5-HP-Single-Phase-220V/G5959

http://www.grizzly.com/outlet/13-Planer-Moulder/G1037

Pretty sweet deal overall...

Grizzly CS thought jointer was a G1018 based on a picture of it from the website. Lever actions to raise the tables. Any thoughts?

Still trying to reach seller to see if they are still available. Grizzly CS said all three units did not have major repeated problems over the years. Sounded like small items, ie bearings, switches, etc. My electrician says I should enough power for the saw and my DC. Suggested starting the saw first and then the DC.

Jon
Northern Michigan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts