Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I was checking out all the Home Depots near me (within 100 miles) to see if I could find an R4512 table saw (no) when it occurred to me-- ~$100 "table" saws are the way to go! :blink:

-- No belts to break!
-- No need to spend money on expensive aligning equipment.
-- No need to try to fix it; it's disposable!
-- The anti-kickback pawls may be cheap junk, but hey! I can throw them away! The saw motor will grind to a halt long before it comes up with enough power to push a piece of wood back against my hand (unfortunately the clunky blade guard has to stay).
-- I'll have a good excuse to not buy a $40+ blade-- the arbor wobbles enough to burn the wood and make a bad cut no matter how good the blade is.
-- Likewise, why go through the arduous 2 minute process of pulling out my blade wrench and replacing the blade, when all I have to do is throw this saw away and get another one?
-- The furniture I build has pre made gaps-- so spiders can live in them and lie in wait for the bed bugs!
-- The tables I make will have wobbly legs-- so when I spill something I can just tilt it a bit, like a pinball machine, and the spill rolls away from me onto the floor.
-- The floor I lay has plenty of gaps, so liquids I spill will automatically drain away into the basement!
-- My basement will be full of ants. I'm eco-friendly.
-- I won't "waste" my money on quality hardwoods-- my saw can't cut them anyway. I'll use cheap wall stud 2x4s on everything I make! (I can "rip" them into 1x4s on my disposable saw!

Well, you get the picture. 11 amps of pure cutting power, here I come!

On second thought, I think I'll look at Grizzly's, Jets, Powermatics, Deltas, etc. (sorry, I didn't mean to leave out your favorite brand of quality saw, please reply with it's name if you're offended) on line, and dream and drool.:yes:

·
No Longer Here, BY CHOICE
2,442 Posts
Welcome to WWT, and way to make an entrance!!!

I'm pretty sure any of those HD's can order that saw in for you at no expence if you have it shipped to the store and pick it up.

Reactions: GLindauer

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
r4512

I've been wondering if they would ship it to the store for free... they don't mention that at the web site. I will talk to them next time I'm there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts