Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a couple projects that I want to build out of hard wood. Then run threw a planer. They would be a fancy clip board and cutting board. I do not own a planer. I live in Sacramento, Ca. Does any out here know of a shop or company that I could take my project to and pay them to run it threw there planer? Thanks

·
7,222 Posts
If you do not find anyone locally and these will fit in a Large Flat Rate Box then I will be happy to either run them through my planer or drum sander.

Large Flat Rate Box = 23 11/16in x 11 3/4in x 3in. Max weight = 70 lb. I hope these are no where close to the max weight. :yes:

·
Registered
485 Posts
The cost of the project

If they're under 13 inch wide, and you want to ship them I'd be happy to help as well.
.The cost is more shipping than anything else. Jimmy

·
where's my table saw?
28,698 Posts
You might contact a Design School

I had an employment opportunity years ago here:
http://www.sjsu.edu/design/

They will likely have a shop equipped to plane your lumber.

Other ideas are a local cabinet shop, older persons center with a woodshop OR a Woodcraft store which will have classes in woodworking.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I would go to an old fashion lumber yard (even the big box home centers hire trades people in the various departments) near you and speak with some of the lumber counter guys there. They generally know where to get stuff done and who can do various types of work. You might even find some of their customers they recommend as good sources.

I used to go to a millwork company in town and they would run things for people.

·
Banned
6,836 Posts
You likely need a drum sander not a planer. Either way call a local cabinet shop they will likely do it free or cheap.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I could not handle it! I went out and bought a planer today. It is not he best according to to al the knowledge people out here but it will get me by. It is a Ridgid R4330, that I can tell has be re built. The person I bought it from bought it from, www.powertools.com. I only payed $240.00 and can tell it has not been used.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts