Woodworking Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
I do find it very annoying. However, this forum is free to all members and the owners/operators of the forum need to raise revenue to keep it running.

In my mind it is a necessary evil, and after a day or two it will become the norm and I won't even notice it anymore. It will become habit to skip the first unread post/thread in each section.

I belong to other forums (different subject matters), and the advertising here is nothing like I have to put up with on other "free" forums.

For me, it's easy to ignore the little annoyances with all the other positives this forum has to offer.

·
Log dog
7,935 Posts
Funny thing is my boss's ford truck didnt start this morning. It's a new truck.
It's not really funny but, you know what I mean.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
My '97 454 GMC 2500 Suburban just explodes into power whenever I turn the key. Synthetic oil like turbine helicopters. Temperature is not relevant. It ain't busted and I will not fix it until it is.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I own a Ford Ranger, overall not a bad truck, now I have a check engine light on for something that could be expensive to fix. There was a TSB about the problem, but of course I don't find out about it until after the warranty.

That being said, if Ford is going hit us with ads that look like posts, maybe they should pony up and spread the love, like the sponsor Baileigh Industrial is doing. Contests with great prizes, catalogs, hats and a feeling like they want to be part of the WWT community. Not an ad that looks like a legit post. Or just make them look like ads, it feels like Ford is trying to trick us with the posts.

And really, do they need to be in every forum?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm currently making payments on my Ford. Maybe one month on the house for the inconvenience? :laughing: That would be the day I guess. Oh well. :sad:

I love my truck tho.

·
TheShadeTreeWW
98 Posts
It pisses me off that Ford is crammed in my face every time I open one of the forums!:thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:
Smokey

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
I got a Ford 1 ton 4wd utility truck last year at work and it’s my first Ford after 25 years. I used to only get Dodge Dualies and I never had all the power stuff like mirrors, door locks and windows before.

I have to say that I’m so, so glad that I don’t pay for gas. This is also the first time I don’t have duel wheels and it sure is a lot better in the mud & snow.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Hey, the ads just disappeared :thumbsup::thumbsup::clap::clap:

Edit: The ad is still there in the General section, but seems to be gone from the rest.

·
Tool Fanactic
1,899 Posts
My '97 454 GMC 2500 Suburban just explodes into power whenever I turn the key. Synthetic oil like turbine helicopters. Temperature is not relevant. It ain't busted and I will not fix it until it is.
I have a 99 2500 Burban with the 454, pushing 200k.

Last year I had it tore down to the short block and everything replaced or rebuilt.

Love that truck, think I might keep it forever.

·
Master firewood maker
1,973 Posts
i don't even notice the ads any more.

but i'm a ford guy, so they would be ok anyway. i have a 1967 fairlane convertible (with the 390FE engine) that i am restoring.

Attachments

·
Turning Wood Into Art
4,043 Posts
I got 4 fords and 2 Mazdas that are rebadged fords. Time for a change lol

As for ads, what ads, oh immon the app - there are no ads.

Dave The Turning Cowboy

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.