Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as I am spraying my lacquar a white film or dust is ahead of my spray line. can anyone help with dealing with this. is my lacquar drying to fast or what is happening?

·
Old School
24,017 Posts
One or more conditions may cause your problem. Air pressure at the gun may be too high which will flash dry the lacquer. Your fluid feed may be too low and not laying down a wet enough coat. You may need to retard your lacquer allowing it to delay its dry time.

When spraying, your pattern should be where your next pass overlaps the previous one to maintain a "wet" path so to speak.

·
Registered
129 Posts
This is called blushing. I have the same problem during the summer in Florida. I use spray cans and Mohawk finishing products has a product called no blush it works great. Just spray it on while the finish is wet or dry and it allows the moisture to escape. Moisture is the cause of the whit (blushing).

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is called blushing. I have the same problem during the summer in Florida. I use spray cans and Mohawk finishing products has a product called no blush it works great. Just spray it on while the finish is wet or dry and it allows the moisture to escape. Moisture is the cause of the whit (blushing).
Blushing is due to high humidity. If he is spraying is low humidity conditions, then the previous post regarding spray volume is correct.

·
Dust Bunny
70 Posts
The condition you are seeing is called dry spray. The lacquer is drying before it reaches the substrate. The remedies cabinetman suggested should give you good results and solve the problem. It may also be that the coating is too thick and needs a little thinner.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts