Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I fail in order to learn
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 1/2" plywood I've ripped for drawers. Is it necessary to band them with white tape or white 1 coat primer and 2 coats white paint do the trick?

·
preserving the past
137 Posts
The plywood is for the drawer boxes I assume. If so I just posted about plywood drawers in the thread about MDF drawers

·
Old School
24,017 Posts

I have 1/2" plywood I've ripped for drawers. Is it necessary to band them with white tape or white 1 coat primer and 2 coats white paint do the trick?
We have an introduction section where you can say a few words about yourself. If you fill out your profile in your "User Control Panel", you can list any hobbies, experience or other facts. You can also list your general geographical location which would be a help in answering some questions.

If you used Baltic Birch, that edge can be sanded, and finished natural. If you are painting the drawers, pre glued PVC tape (iron on), would save some time and might look better. If you paint them, whether what you applied will be satisfactory, that would be up to you. Some plywoods paint better than others. Edge grain is not easy to finish.

·
I fail in order to learn
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys I appreciate the help. I ended up banding them with what we had in our shop. White plastic banding.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts